Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!

     I hope that you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!!!  My sweetheart didn't get to come home this weekend since he had to work yesterday, so, this is our first Valentine's Day apart!  I told him that it was okay, because everyday with him is Valentine's Day anyway!!!  And it works out good, I get to sew today, and he gets to watch the Daytona 500 interruption free!!!  I wish that he was here, but hey, we have to look at the positives in any situation right?!?!
     I got the binding done on my nephew, Myles, baby quilt and I gave it to him yesterday!  His mommy loves it, and it even works!!!  She wrapped him up in it and he went right to sleep....oh, and did I mention that it was past his nap time?!?!  I guess that helped...a little bit!!  Here he is, he is so cute!!!  He is even cuter when he is awake!!!!

     My F-I-L and B-I-L came over yesterday to fix my car...had to have it towed home on Friday after visiting with my son.  It wouldn't start, jumping it off didn't do a thing for it, we tried everything.  Thought it was the alternator, but they think it is the starter.  Bless their hearts, they worked on it for about 6 hours and didn't have the right tools, and couldn't really get at it good, so they gave up, and my F-I-L called a guy he knows that is going to meet him at his house sometime today and fix it!!  Yay!!!  It is always something!!!!
     Today I plan to clean a little, wash a little, go upstairs and sew a little, that' the story of, that't the glory of love!!!! LOL!!  When I wrote "clean a little"  the movie "Beaches" came into mind and I could hear Bette Midler singing about my chores!!!!  Anyway, I have all of the blocks for my basketweave quilt done (except for the outer border, which is different than the other blocks and it turns out I may not even need them!), and I am going to finish putting the blocks together for the top today!  I can't wait to get it done! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment