Saturday, February 6, 2010

Exciting News!!!

     I have the most exciting news!!!  I am going to be a grandmother....even though I am not really old enough!!  LOL!!!  My youngest son and his wife are having a baby, and I am excited, as this will be my first grandbaby!
     I should say here that the timing is not so great, and without going into too much detail, I will just say that my son is currently incarcerated and waiting to go to court.  He has had a problem with drugs after getting addicted to pain medication after a knee injury a few years ago.  Drug addiction makes you do incredibly stupid things, and yet I am thankful that this has happened because I do believe that JT (my son) has learned and is learning some very important lessons.  I have debated on whether or not to share this information on my blog, and have decided that I am, because I know that there are other mothers out there with children with drug and/or legal problems, and also because it is a very important part of my life at this time, and this is my blog!  I am not ashamed of my son, disappointed in his actions, yes, but I am thankful that he is alive and is now drug free, and will be able to learn some kind of pain management, since there are legitimate ongoing pain issues.  I believe that this baby will give him hope for a wonderful future! 
     I would ask that you keep my son and his wife in your prayers, as they have a very dificult road ahead of them! 
     I have started a journal for this new baby to let him/her know that they are loved and wanted, and since we don't know yet if is a boy or a girl I have decided to call this little one "Bean" so, I have started Bean a book all about his/her journey into out lives!
     We are hoping that on Jackies next doctor visit in March, we will know the sex of Bean and then it will be time to get busy making baby quilts, layettes and such!
     So...that is my exciting news!!  I believe that babies are a blessing from God and have their own perfect timing, it may not be our choice in timing, but hey, that is Life!!!  Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment