Saturday, January 23, 2010

Finishing My Sweethearts Quilt!!










Well, last week I finally finished Jeff's Denver Broncos rag quilt...I only started cutting the squares over 2 years ago!!! I had a hard time finding enough Broncos fabric, so I improvised and used some all over football fabric instead, I think it turned out great!





I got it finished and washed it several times (I also slept under it for several nights, I had to make sure that it slept good right?!?!?), and then I headed to Knoxville yesterday and remade the bed in the hotel room where he is currently "living" while he was unloading the car. He was very surprised!!! I am getting good at keeping secrets....about presents anyway!!





We went to Pigeon Forge today and I found a quilt shop there, of course they closed at 1 p.m. I was only 35 minutes too late!! Oh, well, I guess I will have to go back this week and try again! I will have to do that on Monday, since I can't sew!





I had everything all packed up for my week with my sweetheart...iron, sewing machine, thread, rotary cutter, extra blades & needles.......foot peddle for sewing machine.......ooops!!!! I was an hour and a half away from home when I realized my horrible mistake!!! I even remembered what got me off track when I was packing up the machine...I was lifting the machine out of the sewing table and realized that I was going to have to find the "table" (I am not sure what it is really called) that fits onto the machine since I was taking it out if the sewing table, so, I started looking for that and totally forgot about the foot peddle!!! I am going to be here a week....what am I going to do?!?!?!?
Aren't mothers a wonderful thing?!?!?!?!? I called mine and told her what I had done and bless her heart, she went home and checked and sure enough, there it was right where I had left it...under the sewing table!!! She went to post office and packed it up and sent it here to the hotel for me...hopefully it will be here on Monday!!!





Here are a few pictures of Jeffs quilt, and also some of the squares of a quilt I am doing using mens 100% cotton dress shirts, in a basketweave pattern. I laid them out on my moms ocean waves quilt, so you see some of that quilt on the right side but on the bottom you also see the borders of that quilt so I can see how my quilt will look with borders!!





Have a blessed day!!!





Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment